[Icecast] icecast and SSL

Walter York walteryork at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 9 00:19:30 UTC 2016

I use IceCast with Centova and I'm having a hard time setting up SSL with icecast.
I updated both config files:/usr/local/icecast/etc/icecast.xml/usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/music/etc/server.conf
and the path section updated <ssl-certificate>/home/.../ssl/keys/icecast.pem</ssl-certificate>... replaced with actual folder name.
I read that the PEM file requires both private and public keys so I created an empty file called icecast.pem and pasted -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- private key content-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- public key content-----END CERTIFICATE-----
I am unable to serve SSL pages.  I created CSR on the server and had CA send me key back.  They are in PEM format and the individual files (CRT & KEY) are working on both my Centova and Apache webservers.
I would greatly appreciate your assistance to resolve...