[Icecast] Listen Links

Kurt Support at LSDcode.com
Mon Jan 4 23:33:46 UTC 2016

This is were it gets a little complicated
jPlayer http://jplayer.org/latest/demos/   Where music is played from
the web site rather then from the client

At the creation of our web site we made a decision to only stream mp3's.
All music uploaded is converted to the mp3 format. We felt the
complexity would be less difficult
Rather the get into the multiplayer formats OGG, wav ect ect, we used Mp3
The listener is faced with having to decide what player they want to
use, We determined the mp3 format was the most acceptable form.
To kill two birds with one stone, We offer on demand music via jplayer
and streamed music via icecast. The jplayer uses the icecast stream
(m3u) and offers it to the user
via the player at the bottom of our web site AMR.fm..... At
amrstream.com:8000 our icecast server is displayed with its respective
directories, thus one can use either the
jplayer or icecast, albeit the origin is still the same, IceCast.
We had trouble getting jplayer to play the proper ID tags, so we wrote a
program that injects the correct tags into the mp3s so the user would
get the correct meta data

Hope that helps
Kurt
AMR.fm, llc