[Icecast] fallback mount points?

Jonathan jonathancandler_msa at q.com
Mon Nov 16 23:42:48 UTC 2015

Hello, this is coming from our radio station's icecast config. change at
your needs and feel free to use this.
     <mount>
         <mount-name>/stream.mp3</mount-name>
         <fallback-mount>/live.mp3</fallback-mount>
         <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
         <hidden>1</hidden>
     </mount>
     <mount>
         <mount-name>/live.mp3</mount-name>
         <password>hackmemore</password>
         <max-listeners>100</max-listeners>
         <fallback-mount>/autodj.mp3</fallback-mount>
         <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
         <fallback-when-full>1</fallback-when-full>
         <hidden>0</hidden>
     </mount>
     <mount>
         <mount-name>/autodj.mp3</mount-name>
         <intro>/kjsc-intro.mp3</intro>
<fallback-mount>/kjscradio-down.mp3</fallback-mount>
         <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
         <hidden>1</hidden>
     </mount>
Just to let you know, the fallback-mount is the mount that it's going to
fallback on if that mount is not available. think of it as a  chane. for
us, we have our stream mountpoint which is "/stream.mp3" which the
listener connects to and that is only for the listener and that is
falling back to either "/live.mp3" if we are doing a show, or, if not,
then "/autodj.mp3" If our automation shuts down for any reason and BTW,
we are using liquidsoap for all of the automation then, it will put the
listener to that mount point. so, all of it is like a chane if you think
of it that way. the "<fallback-override>" value is telling icecast to
put the listener to the fallback-mount if that mountpoint gets
disconnected. If that option is not set, then it will just go dead and
the listener would have to connect to the top level mountpoint yet again
to make the listener fallback to the correct mountpoint. If you need any
help with all of this, let me know.