[Icecast] Icecast won't start on system boot

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Thu Mar 26 15:29:48 UTC 2015

Just to make it simple and clear, all I'm trying to do here is start
the thing automatically when the system boots, which isn't often, but
it does happen. I took a page from my old system and modified the
init.d script, which looked reasonable at the time. Like I've always
said to anybody who wanted to know, I'm the guy with just a little
knowledge, and you know how they say a little knowledge is dangerous?
Most times I can find my way back to daylight, and of course I've
learned a lot along the way about what to do and not do, what to check
and how to verify the results of those checks, but this one's really
got me.