[Icecast] Icecast 2.4x Metadata doesn't clear if net file has none

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Fri Jul 31 14:45:49 UTC 2015

reflum,

On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 10:23 -0400, Steve Matzura wrote:
> I don't know if I have something set wrong in icecast.xml or not, but
> on my old server (version forgotten, installed 2009), if I streamed
> two files with the first one having metadata present but the second
> had none, Icecast wouldn't stream anything when the second file
> streamed. On my 4.21 server, when the second file streams, it shows
> metadata left over from the first file. I just finished looking
> through the documentation for 2.41 but cannot find any setting which
> controls this. Help appreciated. Meanwhile, of course I'll get the
> provider of the streamed file without any metadata to remedy that.

I'm not aware of any meta data related changes in 2.3.* -> 2.4.* that
could be relevant for your case.

In general the source client is responsible for sending the meta data.
Icecast does (in general case) not touch this information at all.

Which source client do you use? Maybe the source client has some bug (or
a "feature" you haven't expected ;).

Have a nice day!

--
Philipp.