[Icecast] Icecast 2.4x Metadata doesn't clear if net file has none

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Fri Jul 31 14:23:45 UTC 2015

I don't know if I have something set wrong in icecast.xml or not, but
on my old server (version forgotten, installed 2009), if I streamed
two files with the first one having metadata present but the second
had none, Icecast wouldn't stream anything when the second file
streamed. On my 4.21 server, when the second file streams, it shows
metadata left over from the first file. I just finished looking
through the documentation for 2.41 but cannot find any setting which
controls this. Help appreciated. Meanwhile, of course I'll get the
provider of the streamed file without any metadata to remedy that.