[Icecast] Trouble with EZStream

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Wed Jul 22 01:15:33 UTC 2015

The following behavior began about a day ago. NO changes have been
made to the Fedora 20 (Heizenbug) system on which these things run.
For no obvious or accountable reason, EZStream has stopped streaming.
Here's a copy of the output from the ezstream command itself:

# ezstream -c "/home/admin/ezstream/dn.xml"
ezstream: Connected to http://localhost:8000/broadband
ezstream: Streaming ``Democracy Now! - Democracy Now! Tuesday, July
21, 2015''
MPEG Audio Decoder 0.15.2 (beta) - Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Robert
Leslie et al.
'/home/admin/content/programs/dn.mp3': No such file or directory
Assuming raw pcm input file
LAME 3.98.2 32bits (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE (ASM used), SSE2
Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 16538 Hz - 17071 Hz
Encoding <stdin> to <stdout>
Encoding as 44.1 kHz j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (11x) 128 kbps qval=3
fatal error: can't update LAME-tag frame!

Here's the really funny thing: THE FILE EXISTS!

OK, so I re-install libogg, libvorbis, every library I could think of,
re-installed ezstream itself (and Ices-CC, too, just in case), got it
all nice and clean, then tried it again. I even thought there might be
a problem with the fact that the content directory is a simlink, so I
copied a file and modified its associated m3u playlist to point to
something local, not simlinked:

$ ezstream -c ezstream/dn.xml
ezstream: Connected to http://localhost:8000/broadband
ezstream: Streaming ``Democracy Now! - Democracy Now! Tuesday, July
21, 2015''
MPEG Audio Decoder 0.15.2 (beta) - Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Robert
Leslie et al.
'/home/admin/dn.mp3': No such file or directory
Assuming raw pcm input file
LAME 3.98.2 32bits (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE (ASM used), SSE2
Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 16538 Hz - 17071 Hz
Encoding <stdin> to <stdout>
Encoding as 44.1 kHz j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (11x) 128 kbps qval=3
fatal error: can't update LAME-tag frame!

I then tried the same thing with an Ogg Vorbis file. ezstream couldn't
find the oggdec program, which is also odd because I installed all the
Ogg Vorbis libraries and tools Fedora has to offer. Or at least, I am
pretty sure I did.

The files are there. I can play them. They're not improperly protected
or permissed. (permissed?). I'm so frustrated and confused at this
point, I don't even know what to ask. I'll try anything on the system
that's recommended that might help figure this one out. And knowing me
as I do, it'll probably be something small, obvious, and hard to find
unless one knows what to look for.

Thanks in advance, listers.