[Icecast] Icecast URL authentication problem

infoweb1 at crobiz.com infoweb1 at crobiz.com
Thu Jul 16 09:58:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

this is part of the icecast.xml:
<security>
       <chroot>0</chroot>
       <changeowner>
           <user>icecast</user>
           <group>icecast</group>
       </changeowner>
</security>

I tried to create place following symlinks
/usr/share/icecast/etc/hosts
/usr/share/icecast/etc/localtime
/usr/share/icecast/etc/resolv.conf
/usr/share/icecast/etc/ld.so.cache
/usr/share/icecast/lib/libnss_dns.so.2

but everything is the same.
I still get the following line:

[2015-07-16  09:45:38] INFO auth_url/url_add_listener client auth
(http://some.server.org/stream_control.php) failed with ""

Failed with "" (nothing)???
some.server.org is on DNS and reacheable from this machine!

What am I missing?