[Icecast] auth advice

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Tue Jul 14 08:20:46 UTC 2015

Good morning,

On Sun, 2015-07-12 at 14:15 -0600, Dave Serls wrote:
> I have all listeners logging in via htpasswd.
>  I also have a playlist builder WEB app that I want to protect with the same passwords.
>  How can I use the password file generated by icecast web admin in an apache-usable way
>  for the playlist app.
>  I've been synching this manually for a few users.

I think your best option is using the URL auth backend. So you have a
common database (of whatever type). Then your web app can communicate
with that database and Icecast can do the same using the URL Auth
backend.

You will find complete information on how to configure that backend in
the docs.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)