[Icecast] a dedicated audio encoder

unosonic un at dom.de
Thu Jan 22 17:06:36 UTC 2015

Maarten Bezemer:

> Shouldn't USB2.0 ports be able to connect to USB1.1 devices without
> changing the entire stack to USB1?

according to my experience, no. here are my personal notes when i'd set it
up:

# Xenyx 302 USB

pi at raspi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 08bb:2902 Texas Instruments Japan PCM2902 Audio Codec

pi at raspi ~ $ cat /proc/asound/cards
1 [CODEC]: USB-Audio - USB Audio CODEC Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio CODEC at usb-bcm2708_usb-1.3, full speed

pi at raspi ~ $ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices **** card 1: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

# My Notes: force USB 1.1 device, in /boot/comdline.txt: dwc_otg.speed=1

> Can the Xenyx USB mixers be attached as USB2.0 and do these work reliably?

the Xenyx 302 USB is 1.1 and didn't work reliable for me. Maybe that can be
tweaked so that it works, but i wasn't able... no idea how the other Xenyx'
work. My conclusion was that 2.0 devices are fine, 1.1 not because of the Pi's
internal mess... but there may be workarounds, see:
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi

bests, u.