[Icecast] icecast and proxy

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:49:30 UTC 2015

Hello,
sorry for all these questions, but there is a great news, this is the
last! ... of the day :-)

So:
I run nvRadio on port 8000, that is a problem for all people that are at
work, behind firewall or protected environment.
So, I thought that a proxy can be the solution for streaming on port 80.
I enabled the apache2 proxy and, yes, if I type:
www.nvapple.it/stream

the stream  is ok also now that I am on my office, on port80!

The problem is that if I look at the IP of people that are connected,
visiting icecast's admin panel, I see always the ip of my machine, and
it is unfortunately right, because they are listening through apache2
proxy.

On my proxy.conf, I put:
***
  ProxyPass /stream http://www.nvapple.it:8000/stream

  ProxyPassReverse /stream http://www.nvapple.it:8000/stream

***
Do you know other solutions that can show me the ip of people or this is
the right one?
Thank you!