[Icecast] listener authentication

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Mon Feb 16 13:18:21 UTC 2015

On 02/16/2015 12:24 PM, Ron Harmon wrote:
> I cannot for the life of me get listener authentication to work.
> Would it be possible to send me a complete xml file that has listener
> authentication setup?

Which kind of listener authentication are you looking for?
- htpasswd file based
- URL auth backend based

I would recommend htpasswd if you are a beginner and want something simple.

What OS/Distro is this on?
Which version of Icecast?

Have you tried looking at the documentation?
http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/auth.html#htpasswd-listener-authentication

Why I can't just "send a xml file" is, because this depends on a few
things on your system. The questions I posed will help me or others to
give you guidance to get it working correctly though.

Cheers

Thomas