[Icecast] icecast2 mp3 header missing

coppla janus_zry at 126.com
Mon Oct 20 04:14:26 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I’m using icecast2 to serve live streams in mp3. The streams can be played on Chrome or web views on Android, but it is very slow. Then i tried ffplay (ffmpeg) to play the streams, it’s much faster but it reports “header missing”. I built ffmpeg with debug-info and i saw that ffmpeg probed the streams several times to get the stream format. First several times the score is low and ffmpeg does not have confidence in the probed format. I guess that’s why the stream is so slow on Android.

I'm using ffmpeg + mp3fwd as source client. I’ve also tried LadioCast on OSX, and ffmpeg 2.4.2 stand alone without mp3fwd. The problem persists.

Looking forward to your help! Thanks in advance!

Coppla