[Icecast] Software running, but no audio

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Fri Nov 21 13:49:21 UTC 2014

On 11/21/2014 01:45 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
> Logs indicate everything's running correctly, my player says I'm
> connected, and the Web page for the server says it's playing files,
> but there's no audio. Strange. Any thoughts?

Which player are you using? If it's not a web browser, then most desktop
players are notoriously horrible at content-type sensing (they ignore
HTTP headers and go for "file extension"), so make sure your mountpoint
name ends in ".ogg".

> Did I possibly convert
> the MP3's to Ogg Vorbis incorrectly?

Do the files play back directly fine? e.g. using ogg123, vlc, or avplay

Cheers

Thomas