[Icecast] Upgrade

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Fri Nov 21 10:29:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 11/21/2014 10:17 AM, Peter Röhl wrote:
> Hi!
> I am running Version 2.3.2 together with liquid soap on a debian System.
> everything works fine.
> What is the easiest way to upgrade?

This sounds like old-stable, so you won't find any backports.
You'll have two choices:
- Rebuild the source package (once 2.4.1 hits SID)
- Install the binary package that I maintain for Icecast.org on OBS
(once I release 2.4.1 there)
Both will probably be mentioned here on the list.

> Save the config xml and web-folder, uninstall 2.3.2, install the latest
> release,restore the config xml and the web-folder?

No, that shouldn't be necessary. Backing those up won't hurt, but if you
use a deb package then things should be taken care of automagically.

> Are there known issues with the latest release and liquid soap?

We are not aware of any issues with liquidsoap.

Unrelated to liquidsoap, if you use mountpoint credentials to update
metadata for a stream, but are on a different IP than the connected
source client, that will fail.

Cheers

Thomas