[Icecast] Icecast concept

Maarten S maartensvo at live.nl
Fri Nov 21 08:52:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have installed Icecast on a VPS server as trial set up. Works very well and easy to understand. Thanks!

This does lead to 2 questions:

My intent is to set up a server to host various sources, providing each one of them their dedicated stream channel. If I have enough bandwidth, what is the maximum number of sources in Icecast that can be set up and streamed at the same time?

The documentation of Icecast states "It is very versatile in that new formats can be added". Does this meam also other formats than Ogg Vorbis or MP3 can be streamed?

Thanks and best regards,

Maarten

Netherlands

​