[Icecast] Socket to Icecast

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Tue Nov 11 12:32:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 11/11/2014 05:53 AM, Jeremy Prince wrote:
> I am working on a project where I am reading data from a radio then
> encoding it to mp3. I would like to then send this encoded data to
> Icecast for streaming, is all I need to do is create a tcp connection
> to the icecast socket and then start sending the encoded buffer?

It's a bit more than that. Probably the easiest way for you is to look
at integrating libShout into your project. It handles all the specifics.
Or in case of Icecast 2.4.x, implement HTTP PUT.

We're currently working on updated documentation about Icecast source
connections. You'll find it on http://icecast.org soon.

Cheers

Thomas