[Icecast] dynamic source creation?

uno un at dom.de
Sun Jun 8 19:07:30 UTC 2014

"Thomas B. Rücker":
> On 06/08/2014 06:11 PM, Geoff Shang wrote:
> > On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, uno wrote:
> >
> > I'm not aware of any way to do global source auth that would allow for
> > separate passwords for dynamic mount creation, but I'm also not really
> > aware of a use case for this either.

well, depends on.
i'm experimenting with multiple simultaneous live sources from phones and
other +/- mobile devices. once they connect, they get pulled by liquidsoap's
live.http input. these streams then may mix together, or with a playlist,
or dynamically injected sounds based on location, and other triggers...
so, one output stream, but potentially a couple of inputs.
i could use liquidsoap's harbour feature for that, but for some reason
(mainly security) i don't want to expose it to the public. trusting icecast
more.

> You can combine this with: default mount
> https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1914#comment:1
> Start with <mount type="default">

great. will try that, thanks!
u.