[Icecast] Ices source streaming client - timing out at 25 seconds when sending 300 streams (mount points)

Chitra Kalle crentala at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 01:49:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to simulate load on on the icecast server using ices source
streaming client. I have setup 300 mount points and using the same playlist
to send to one icecast server. However, I see that the icecast server is
timing out because the source is not sending the data fast enough.

Could anyone please explain the internal workings of ices streaming client
and how it sends the streams to different mount points? Is it in a round
robin fashion? Or spawning different threads to handle the multiple TCP
connections?

I am a newbie and really appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks
CR