[Icecast] What HTML5 radio player do you use ?

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:58:40 UTC 2013

Hi thomas , thanks for your answer.

2013/3/6 "Rücker, Thomas" <thomas.ruecker at tieto.com>

> And only IE needed the crappy mp3 stream fallback, so essentially you're
> able to reach the main market share of desktop browsers already with
> just a vorbis stream without having to worry about a licensed mp3
> encoder etc.

I agree with you on vorbis HTML5 dominance, but the mp3 encoder will stay
for obvious reasons ( Idevices, Flash etc...)

Welcome to the brave new world of streaming, without the need for
> installing obscure plugins or running insecure java or flash applets.

Well, We still have 30% of Non HTML5 audio browsers : IE6, IE8 , I can
force people to install chrome Frame wich is a great solution but proposing
a flash fallback is needed anyway.