[Icecast] Icecast Directory APIs?

Jonathan Meson jona at visualblasters.com
Tue Jun 18 11:14:47 UTC 2013

Hey guys,

I realize this has been asked a couple times before in the past years but
no one has really provided a definitive answer AFAIK.

I would love to create an Icecast directory plugin for my app
XiiaLive<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.DroidLiveLite>.
I have been getting a lot of request and I want to find out how to. Here is
an example of a plugin I have already created called Radio
Reference<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vblast.dir.rr>.
Of course the Icecast directory would be FREE.

So here are some questions that hopefully helps me out go in the right
direction.

1. Do I need to ask permission to use the directory and display the Icecast
logos?
2. Any APIs available?
3. If no APIs available can I parse the data from http://dir.xiph.org/?

Thanks!