[Icecast] Icecast relay as a source to another icecast?

telmnstr at 757.org telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Feb 27 21:33:55 UTC 2013

> Your best bet in such a case is to use an external solution.
> I'd probably go with liquidsoap as that should be able to take the
> stream as is and just push it to the remote server.

Ah cool! I'll look into it. I wasn't aware of it, but am reading the
wikipedia article on it now. I'm always looking for tools for this kind of
stuff.

The automation software that is sending the audio to the encoder also
triggers scripts that talk directly to icecast to update the stream title
with current song and what not. It's beaufitul when it's all running.

> Other software like roaraudio/RPLD, mpd, gstreamer, xmms2 etc would
> probably work too, but I'm not sure which can do it without putting the
> stream through a decode/encode cycle.

Cool! Will check into those. Wasn't aware they exist. I've been using
Darkice and icecast forever, and recently moved to the hardware encoder
and icecast.

 		- Ethan