[Icecast] What clients do you use?

Dennis Heerema Dennis at Heerema.net
Tue Feb 26 14:35:18 UTC 2013

Hello David,

To stream in aac+/mp3/vorbis/flac i use two successors of edcast both
for windows:
The standalone versions of:
- Altacast http://www.altacast.com/ provides standalone as wel as plug
in for winamp
- Riocast (edcast reborn) http://code.google.com/p/edcast-reborn/
provides standalone versions also for asio and plug-in for Winamp

At the moment i'm also testing to streaming the OPUS format with

-opus-transmitter http://kradradio.com

only standalone available for windows http://kradradio.com/?p=285
linux and OSX http://kradradio.com/?p=276

Kind regards,