[Icecast] Relaying with Icecast - stand-by or active all the time?

Satz Klauer satzklauer at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:58:37 PST 2013

Hi,

I found there is a possibility to let IceCast relay other, existing
streams. But how is it working exactly when no clients are connected to my
relay server:

- is it going to stand-by and not streaming andy data from the source

or

- is it pulling data from the source all the time also when no client is
available that could consume this stream? This would mean the relay would
consume traffic and bandwidth also when nobody will use it...

Thanks!