[Icecast] how to use the stdin module?

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Sun Feb 10 20:47:03 UTC 2013

El dom, 10-02-2013 a las 10:07 +0200, Rücker Thomas escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/02/13 06:53, José Luis Artuch wrote:
>

> > I'm understanding why Icecast2 is an audio server, wow !!!
> > http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.0.1/icecast2_config_file.html
> >

> We're not an 'audio server', that's pulse-audio, esd, etc. territory.
> We're a multimedia streaming server. Slight difference. :)

Hello Thomas.
That is, I agree, I was paying attention to only one part ! :))
A few days ago I was surprised to see how easily the mountpoints are
created, even video.

> > Testing the relay option:
> > Two mountpoints from two master servers are relayed to a relay
> > server:
> >
> >       Master Servers
> > Relay Server
> >

> > http://186.56.96.133:8200/zuzenean.ogg
> >
> > http://186.148.147.191:8001/zuzenean.ogg  --->
> > http://186.56.96.133:8200/zznn1.ogg
> > http://ubuntu.hbr1.com:19800/ambient.ogg  --->
> > http://186.56.96.133:8200/zznn2.ogg
> >
> > I guess there is no limit for the number of signals to be relayed.
>

> There should be no limit to the number of relays, or at least it will
> be much higher than people will usually go...
> BUT, did you check the source connection limit? Default is 2 or 3 and
> you might be running into that (relays should count as sources too
> IIRC).
> Generally it helps to read the error.log to see what is happening.

Exactly, the relays are considered as sources and I had to increase the
number of sources.
If the number of sources is less than needed, the Relay Server sources
take precedence over the Master Servers sources (I should try this
again).

> > A mountpoint name with less than three characters does not
> > work !! ... uuffff ... ("xx.ogg" does not work, "xxx.ogg" works).
>

> hmh? Can you be more specific about how I can reproduce this here?
> This sounds like a possible bug.

Now I'm thinking that when "xx.ogg" not work may have been <on_demand>
seted in "1" and this may have been the reason that did not occur the
mountpoint (I should try this again).
During the test I had the Relay Server with a mountpoint due to Ices2
(both running on the same machine) and two Master Servers with relayed
mountpoints (two separate machines).

> > What about <on-demand> 0 </ on-demand> ?. I used "0" and "1" but I
> > did not notice changes.
>

> If set to 1, this will make Icecast only pull in the relay if there
> are also listeners connected to the stream locally.
>
> HTH
>
> Thomas

At this time I can but I SHOULD NOT DO tests on the servers :))) I will
try tomorrow morning.
Thank you very much !!
José Luis