[Icecast] how to use the stdin module?

Rücker Thomas thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Sun Feb 10 08:16:00 UTC 2013

Muten Gorgen,

On 09/02/13 23:04, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I compiled icecast under cygwin (yes, I have to use Windows 7 togehter with
> cygwin).

A bit yuck, indeed. I hear our trunk source should compile fine with
mingw nowadays if you need another option.

> The audio stream that I want to distribute come from stdin, like I get it from

if this is a regular stream you could as well just use the relay
functionality discussed already in the diverging sub-thread.

> curl http://streamingserver.foo.bar/stream/stream.php |
>
> But how to proceed? Should I just pipe this to | icecast -c etc/icecast.xml?
> It does not work.

No. That certainly will not work.
Please have a look here to understand this a bit better:
http://liveice.sourceforge.net/understanding.html
For relaying, check this:
http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.3/icecast2_config_file.html#relay

If you need to do any processing on that original stream, then you might
want to consider liquidsoap.

> Thanks for any hint!

Hope that helps, if not, ask more questions, happy to help.

Thomas