[Icecast] Icecast 2.3.3 + Debian

Rücker Thomas thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Sun Jul 8 17:50:04 UTC 2012

On 08/07/12 20:42, Alejandro wrote:
> I'm using KH branch, into production, and work amazing well, with the
> latest change into the Worker manager, one server can handle 25k
> concurrent users with 8 cores, using nothing of ram... really the KH
> branch work amazing well.
>
> 2012/7/8 Rücker Thomas <thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
> <mailto:thomas.ruecker at tieto.com>>
>
>     On 08/07/12 18:21, Paul Martin wrote:
>     > On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 12:15:52AM +0300, Rücker Thomas wrote:
>     >> On 07/07/12 23:54, ohio•fm wrote:
>     >>> Hello! When will the 2.3.3 update get kicked over to apt-get?
>     Also,
>     >> That's up to the debian maintainers of icecast not us.
>     >> Please ask them. I have done so myself (see debian bug 652663),
>     >> but not received an update for a while.
>     > Use the source:
>     >
>     > deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main non-free
>     >
>     > That has 2.3.3kh1-dmo1.
>
>     I would strongly advise against putting a KH build to production use.
>     That's Karl's experimental branch.
>
>     How that ended up in debian-multimedia is beyond me.

It sees far less testing and review than mainline.
The other day we had someone for whom Icecast suddenly started crashing.
Turned out it was a kh build.

That said I do hope to see many useful features from the kh branch
arrive in mainline over time.

Thomas

PS: You might want to turn off HTML mails for posting to mailing lists
and learn to quote.