[Icecast] Shoutcast directory listing?

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 21:15:35 UTC 2012

HI , Sorry as I did not read all the thread , but I answer from here :

2011/8/8 Karl Heyes <karl at xiph.org>:
> On 08/08/11 18:15, Raymond Lutz wrote:
>> I've been reading posts on the difficulty in getting an icecast stream
>> listed in the shoutcast directory.
> you should be able to allow shoutcast to relay icecast by adding an
> alias of / to /stream <alias source="/" dest="/stream" />

I know this is off-topic , but if it works people would use icecast as
main server and shoutcast as a relay , as it should be.

I've been doing this for few weeks and just discover that the soutcast
server did not appear  in the Shoutcast yellow pages.

I fixed some stuff :

- in the shoutcast config , the "default" setting for the public state
if the server has to be set to 'always' in order to have the server
trying to publish to SYP.
- But then , the shoucast will say

[yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
[yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Bitrate too small.)

I then specify the bitrate in the mount config that is relayed but it
didn't change anything, still failing at registering to SYP.

Do you have an idea about how icecast could be relayed correctly by shoutcast ?

Thanks

--
web perso : http://memeteau.com