[Icecast] Icecast Startup Failed

Johanes Kunto johanes.kunto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:32:29 UTC 2012

Hello, my name Johanes. First I'm sorry because I can't speak English well.
And this is the first time I use Icecast.

I have installed icecast2 use the standard Ubuntu installation (apt-get
install icecast2). I also have configured # Edit /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml
(only to change the passwords) and change "ENABLE=true" in
 /etc/default/icecast2.

My question :
When I tried to start Icecast (sudo /etc/init.d/icecast2 start), I always
get problem :
# Starting icecast2: Starting icecast2
# Detaching from console
# icecast2.
# Server startup failed. Existing

I tried to solve this problem using "killall icecast2" / "kill icecast2",
also changed port into another number (4000, 6000, etc). Unfortunately I
still have same problem. When I looked inside  /var/log/icecast2, there is
no error log.

What should I do to fix regarding issue?

Regards,
Johanes.