[Icecast] Higher quality narrowband streaming options

TheDarkener thedarkener at logicalnetworking.net
Wed Aug 1 21:04:05 UTC 2012

If you do further testing with Opus, please let us know your findings.
I'm interested in this newer codec myself. I'm currently using vorbis
for my radio station (similar to yours, a no-budget Internet station)
and support for it is limited (nothing on iOS that I know of, and
Android (AFAIK with my very old Android phone) doesn't support it OOTB
(but XIAA Live Lite handles vorbis streaming wonderfully). I've looked
into having a generic (but customizable) Android/iOS radio player
developed that centers on open codecs such as Vorbis/Speex/Opus. Who's
willing to chip in with me to get it done? :) Would be really cool to
have a definitive player that we could refer people to.

- Jordan

Jordan (PGP: 0xDA470FF8)