[Icecast] multiple source clients into a single icecast server

Thomas.Rucker at tieto.com Thomas.Rucker at tieto.com
Mon Nov 7 20:16:56 UTC 2011

*snip* removing the shotgun to field

Although it might be possible to do this, it is most likely not what you're after. One can of worms being timing and delay screwing with synchronization.

I'd suggest to do the part where you juggle all those audio feeds outside the icecast scope, e.g. Some audio-conferencing/voip solution and feed the result to icecast using a source client.

If you really don't care about aforementioned problems: run all those ices instances to individual mount points, then play each of them back into a sound-server using e.g. ogg123 and source that into ices/icecast as /cacophonia.ogg ;-) -- you've been warned.

--
Sent from my Nokia N950