[Icecast] two *independ* shoutcast listeners

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri May 27 11:22:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011, Martin Hamant wrote:

> I set up a icecast server 2.3.2 with two shoutcast listeners (port 8000
> and port 8002).
> What I have noticed is , if I have only one "DSP" source that stream to
> the first listener (on port 8001), audio become available on both
> listener ? Meaning that a player will open with success on
> http://myhost:8000/stream or http://myhost:8002/stream with the same audio.
> With two source, I have to explicitly ask for http://myhost:8002/stream2
> (notice stream2) to get the second one.
>
> I only want two independent source/client instances, isolated by port
> number, with no interaction in between :)

You'll need to use a port-specific alias on one (or both) of the ports if
you want to use the same mountpoint specifier for each.  Otherwise, a
mountpoint is a mountpoint and will be available on all ports.

So for example, you could do:

<alias source="/" port="8000" dest="/stream"/>
<alias source="/" port="8002" dest="/stream2"/>

Geoff.