[Icecast] two *independ* shoutcast listeners

Martin Hamant martin at sound4.biz
Fri May 27 09:35:57 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I set up a icecast server 2.3.2 with two shoutcast listeners (port 8000
and port 8002).
What I have noticed is , if I have only one "DSP" source that stream to
the first listener (on port 8001), audio become available on both
listener ? Meaning that a player will open with success on
http://myhost:8000/stream or http://myhost:8002/stream with the same audio.
With two source, I have to explicitly ask for http://myhost:8002/stream2
(notice stream2) to get the second one.

I only want two independent source/client instances, isolated by port
number, with no interaction in between :)

My snip setup below:

<hostname>myhost.com</hostname>
<!-- You MUST define 2 ports, port and port +1 -->
<listen-socket>
<!-- Configure the shoutcast DSP with *this* port
              the shoutcast DSP actually will connect the
              encoder to this port + 1 -->
<port>8000</port>
<shoutcast-mount>/stream</shoutcast-mount>
</listen-socket>
<listen-socket>
<!-- Configure the shoutcast DSP with *this* port
              the shoutcast DSP actually will connect the
              encoder to this port + 1 -->
<port>8002</port>
<shoutcast-mount>/stream2</shoutcast-mount>
</listen-socket>
<fileserve>1</fileserve>

Thanks in advance !