[Icecast] Newby question: MP3 streaming

Leo Currie leo.currie at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:10:09 UTC 2011

That's correct - the mountpoint is normally set by the encoder, or 'source
client'.

Just for completeness, there are exceptions to this rule -

* If you are using a Shoutcast style source client, the mount point must be
defined in the icecast config
* If you are relaying another server, you can specify your own local name
for the mountpoint you are relaying
* You can 'alias' mountpoints so that requests for /somestream would be
redirected to /someotherstream
* You can also specify fallbacks for mountpoints that work like conditional
aliases.

- Leo