[Icecast] Fwd: Random "fast forward" noise between tracks

josh at thepruitts.org josh at thepruitts.org
Sun May 8 22:05:11 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I have subscribed to this list hoping I might find someone who can
suggest a fix for a problem I'm experiencing with Icecast (or possibly
something else in my setup).

Here is my configuration:

Foobar2000 is running on a Windows XP PC.   It has the Oddcast plugin
and it is streaming to a Linux machine that is running Icecast Server
2.3.2.  Foobar2000 is using the Crossfade, Compressor and Advanced
Limiter DSP plugins on top of the edCast plugin.

The problem:

Seemingly at random, in between tracks, there is a "fast forward" noise
like a tape being played on fast forward.  It sounds like the next track
is being played at about ten times normal speed, then the next track
after that plays normally.

Has anyone heard of this problem?

Thanks,

Josh

"Everyone is a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." - Albert Einstein