[Icecast] Mountpoint "disappearing" ?

Niv Sardi xaiki at evilgiggle.com
Fri Jan 28 07:26:50 UTC 2011

Emmanuel Lesouef <e.lesouef at crbn.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the following project to work :
>
> * acquisition from video acqusition card using vlc
> * vlc transcode to theora/vorbis and sends it to an icecast2 server
[...]
> How can I troubleshoot this issue ?

I've tried reproducing your issue with my webcam and couldn't:
cvlc v4l:///dev/video0 --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=800,scale=1,acodec=vorb,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:std{access=shout,mux=ogg,dst=source:hackyou at localhost:8000/live.ogg}'

but, I could see that the stream that gets out of my icecast has pts all
wrong, and no player seems to be able to correct them.

* does this happen with any capture source (try other machines, other
  capture cards)
* does this happen at particular times ? (i.e. in your log you read:
> DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node total_bytes_read (69615)

I got down to:
| DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node total_bytes_read (3117500)

without reproducing.)

* try splitting the problem, recording your muxed ogg from VLC to a
  file, and then streaming that (big) file back.

Cheers,
--
Niv Sardi