[Icecast] icecast2 sends metadata to clients but not actual stream

Joonas Lehtolahti godjonez at codepad.info
Mon Feb 28 05:59:22 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry that I was a big vague. I am using VLC 1.1.7 on Windows to stream
video in OGG container (Theora/Vorbis codecs). I managed to get it to work
more reliably by changing the mount point name. I was previously using
/video and had those problems. By changing it to /blah in VLC's IceCast
streaming options and then connecting to /blah with clients there were no
problems.

That itself doesn't make much sense at least to me. I tried other mount
point names too and they worked, it was just /video that caused only the
stream metadata to be sent out. So I guess that problem is kind of solved
for me now by just using different name, but it still boggles my mind how
that could even be possible.

Joonas