[Icecast] We can not start up icecast

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Feb 24 10:53:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Keith Roberts wrote:

> From: Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
> Subject: Re: [Icecast] We can not start up icecast
>
> Another thing was in icecast.xml under the log section:
>
>     <logging>
>         <accesslog>access.log</accesslog>
>         <errorlog>error.log</errorlog>
>     </logging>
>
> It seems like the path to the log files is hard coded to
> /var/log/icecast/ - as I tried to add the path and icecast
> was already looking in /var/log/icecast to write the log
> files.

Correction - This is actually set in the <paths> section of
the icecast.xml file, like so:

<!-- Note that if <chroot> is turned on below, these
      paths must both be relative to the new root,
      not the original root -->

      <logdir>/var/log/icecast</logdir>
      <webroot>/usr/share/icecast/web</webroot>
      <adminroot>/usr/share/icecast/admin</adminroot>
      <pidfile>/var/run/icecast/icecast.pid</pidfile>