[Icecast] Shoutcast directory listing?

Thomas.Rucker at tieto.com Thomas.Rucker at tieto.com
Tue Aug 9 08:44:15 UTC 2011

I hear rumours that it's not too hard.
There was implicit discussion.

STILL we can not encourage that people violate the express rules of Nullsoft.
This would make the Icecast project look bad.

Besides we encourage to use ogg/vorbis for streaming and there the situation
is constantly improving. I think even streaming to Android devices should
work now (someone please confirm on latest version). Firefox already
supports it (including the mobile browser Fennec AFAICT) and Mozilla is slowly
crawling closer to finalizing chaining support. There are flash objects that
allow playback of ogg/vorbis streaming.

Using ogg/vorbis for streaming is viable.
It takes us and you to tell that to the potential streaming services that
they don't have to use mp3 for everything. How would they else know?

My 0,02€

Thomas