[Icecast] router help

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:50:35 UTC 2011

Hey,

  ( try this again some how the browser burped and sent to soon)

 1.> First off try to find out the IP address that the router has.
(should be on router status page).

2> Using the IP that the router says you have, and a computer that is
external to your network, try using your internet browser and go to
http://<ip address of server>:8000  and see if you come up with the
server page from you icecast server. :)

Why I say a external computer from your network most routers come from
the factory not to loop back on itself.

Trying to set up the router to loop back in most cases is a pain to do
unless you understand the router and how it handles its routes. I gave
up after talking to our ISP and the tech support for the router  on
setting up a local loop-back so I ended up just putting the names of
our servers in the local DNS table to point to the internal IPs.

It also best to use a tool like IE or firefox to test it out is most
devices  have them set up.

You can use an external port scanner like Shields-up
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 to scan your router and see if
those port are open :)

 Also, do your ISP give a static IP address. If not you probably need
to look into a dynamic dns service.

David