[Icecast] Forcing an ID on all mountpoints

W2LIE w2lie at w2lie.net
Tue Nov 2 20:13:27 UTC 2010

That is my intention. If 30 min is too many, I would settle for
60min.

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:50:57 -0400, Brandon Casci
wrote:
> Just
curious. Does that mean anyone listening will hear an interruption
> every
30 minutes?

wrote:

>> I'm looking for a way to tag my live feeds via an audio
announcement
>> every
>> 30 minutes or so using the Linux install of
Icecast.

>> Some of the feeds I control locally, and other feeds are
from remote
>> locations - so implimenting this must be as painless as
possible for each
>> encoding location.
>>
>> As of now, the best way I
can think of to do this is by running 2
>> instances of Icecast. Allowing
the first instance to have the
>> announcement
>> as part of the "intro"
tag, and kick each feed after 30 minutes, and then
>> having the 2nd
instance of Icecast relay all of the feeds from the first
>> Icecast. These
will also be standard announcements, and not rotating
>> commercials.
>>

>> If this is the easiest way to continue, what is the process for

installing
>> a 2nd copy of Icecast on CentOS? Or do I just use icecast -b
-c config.1
>> and icecast -b -c config.2 for each copy I want to run?
>>

>> Thanks for any help in getting this little project finalized.

73
>> Phil / W2LIE.

Phil / w2lie
Monitor