[Icecast] Camera MJPEG to Icecast

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 2 06:29:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 08:08:52AM +0700, Bino Oetomo wrote:
> Dear Thomas
>
> Thomas B. Ruecker wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 05:17:12PM +0700, Bino Oetomo wrote:
> >
> >> Now .. I want to do it the otherway with Icecast
> >>
> >> I try with wget -nv -O - http://root:root@192.168.10.234/mjpg/video.mjpg
> >> 8000 hackme /matamerapi
> >>

> > instead of oggfwd, redirect the output to a file and see if that
> > can be opened.
> >

> What file type that proper for this test ?
if you have your options right it should produce an ogg encapsulated
stream of theora and vorbis. Try replacing "| oggfwd…" with ">/tmp/test.ogg"
and then try to open that file using some player like vlc or mplayer.

> >> the access log said that there is "source" access ...
> >>
> > turn up your logging to debug and look what happens _after_ you connect.
> > Maybe the source is getting dropped briefly after connecting for some
> > reason?
> >

> Ok .. I did it.
>
> I re-try the encoding with
>
> bino at bino:~$ wget -nv http://root:root@192.168.10.234/mjpg/video.mjpg |
> ffmpeg2theora -a 0 -f mjpeg -o /dev/stdout | oggfwd 192.168.10.232 8000
> bino262 /matamerapi
>
> the console output is :
>
> File `neric' does not exist or has an unknown data format.
> oggfwd: Connected to server
> oggfwd: Quitting ...
> oggfwd: Total bytes read: 0

let's stop RIGHT HERE!
Isn't it obvious?
Something is wrong with your pipeline here. There is NOTHING coming through.
Which brings us back to the previous point.
First make sure ffmpeg2theora has all the right options set, then verify
that it produces an valid ogg file/stream and only then try to oggfwd it.

Cheers

Thomas