[Icecast] creating a station from the ground up

William Hetherington william.hetherington at gmail.com
Thu May 6 01:39:40 UTC 2010

Hi bob,

If you can give up some basic info - we can help you get started!

How many people do you expect to listen to your streams? (Or better
question: how many would you like to be able to support?)
Do you know what bitrate your stream will be?
Do you intend to rent a server - or run this from your home connection?
If rented - What operating system will you be choosing?
If you want to set something up in your home do you:
a) Have a computer to run it on (it can be the same one you run Icecast on)
b) What kind of internet connection do you have? The number of people you
can support is directly relational to the upload capacity of your connection
(and your stream bit rate)

If you can answer these questions we can give you a much better idea! If you
want some to just do all this for you, please feel free to send me a mail
off-list, william.hetherington at gmail.com - I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

William Hetherington
willskills.com <http://www.willskills.com>