[Icecast] still having problems with edcast

bob cavanaugh bobdavcav at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 23:14:15 UTC 2010

Ok all, I have deleted the edcast folder on my machine and reinstalled
edcast. However, I can't get the mp3 encoder to install. Tim said that it
should ask if you want the encoder, and I thought I selected it under the
select components to install, but it isn't installing. Two additional things
are happening,

1.       When I open edcast, I don't see anything in the dropdown lists.
There were items in here when I installed it originally, but I've
reinstalled it a few times and none of the reinstalls show anything in the
lists.

2.       2. When closing Edcast, an error message comes up and I can't get
edcast to close until the computer is shut down. Any advice anyone?