[Icecast] Stream HD video

Jonathan Nalley jnalley at jnalley.com
Thu Aug 12 16:48:22 UTC 2010

i'm relatively new to icecast as well but so far as I understand, i
don't think icecast will work with H.264.  Most of the documentation
and information i've seen suggests that the best (and maybe only?)
video codec that icecast will stream and manage is (the more
patent-free) Theora codec.

Someone please feel free to correct me if i've misspoken.