[Icecast] Stream HD video

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:40:55 UTC 2010

Hello everybody, I am new on this mail-list. I want to try to config a
HD video stream server on my LAN. I use Debian Squeeze OS and the idea
is to use H.264 video codec.

I just install Icecast2 on a Debian Lenny server and it works great
with a OGG audio playlist. I have lost of questions about it:

1. Is possible to configure Icecast2 to stream video as LiveTV?

2. Which will be the best client (GNU/Linux) to decode and play the
stream? I have VDPAU capable video card.

I am going to continue reading the forum and howtos on the net.

Thanks for all and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano