[Icecast] Auto level control

Jayant Shah jayants at tangerinedigital.com
Sat Sep 5 08:13:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution for an automatic level control for any of the
Icecast source applications (such as Edcast etc.)? I am Windows-limited
unfortunately, so it does need to be a Windows based solution.

I need to control mic levels using the line-in facility of Edcast, since
untrained live speakers tend to go all over the place in terms of levels
when they talk on a microphone. If anyone knows of a plug-in which provided
level limiting or an AGC functionality for a mic input, please do let me
know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jayant