[Icecast] icecast-2.3.2-kh17 versus icecast-2.3.2

Klaas Jan Wierenga k.j.wierenga at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 13:52:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been using icecast-2.3.1 for some time now and it is really
working well for me, solid as a rock (no crashes) and running 100's of
streams and 1000's of listeners, but in order to support
authentication and have easier configuration I want to start using the
url authentication (esp. the stream_auth) and mount-name wildcards
that are supported by icecast-2.3.2-kh17.

I am unsure about the stability of icecast-2.3.2-kh17 when using url
authentication for both stream and listener authentication. What are
the major differences between icecast-2.3.2 and the kh17 branch and
can you say anything about the stability of icecast-2.3.2-kh17 in
production use?

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Klaas Jan Wierenga