[Icecast] Fwd: Re: Can't support more than one listener

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sun Nov 8 20:07:14 UTC 2009

On 08/11/09 19:35, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the access.log file shows no indication of
> listener activity, at least I can see no correspondence of log lines
> that match when the listeners appear in the error.log file. Is there a
> way to increase the logging level in this file? Should I be able to see
> listeners attaching in this file?
>
> In the error.log file I can see no indication of a two listeners
> attempting to connect. I can see where listener-a connects, but there is
> no indication of the listener-b attempting to connect. I can see
> listener-a disconnect, and then I can see listener-b connect, but there
> is no indication of listener-a trying to reconnect. It is possible that
> after listener-a connects, Icecast is not event getting a connect
> message from listener-b because something else is blocking it out
> (Windows or the router)? Maybe I need to install a packet listener on my
> system an watch the ethernet traffic?

I would agree with that

> Possible problems are
>
> 1. My router. But I think not because the same router supports multiple
> listeners with my old computer, and both computers are connected to the
> same router.

very unlikely to be the router.

> 2. My new computer is Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate RTM (with two ethernet
> connections). My old computer is Windows XP (with one ethernet
> connection). It would help if someone else could tell me if they have
> Icecast working correctly (or not) on Windows 7.

seeing that win7 is the new component in the chain, I would say this is
very likely to be the cause. Probably down to the win7 firewall or TCP
stack limiting connections, in theory a packet sniffer would still see
the packets getting to the win7 network interface but would drop the
connection immediately.

karl.