[Icecast] Playing excerpts from large audio files

andy thomas andy at dijit.net
Fri May 8 14:38:16 UTC 2009

We are looking at a project which involves being able to play excerpts
from large MP3 files. Each file contains a radio programme of up to 60
minutes in length and we'd like to be able to 'jump in' at, say, 24
minutes from the start and play a 4 minute extract. Does anyone know of a
source package that will do this (we are using icecast2 as the streaming
servers)?

The files are MP3 but we're open to using other file formats if they
are more suitable for this kind of work.

Andy

Andy Thomas,
Sys admin,
Dijit New Media Ltd